Friday, 28 August 2026

Temu Skeletons - Part 1

 So I decided to finally weaken and order some stuff from Temu for some gaming, but to make the order up to the whatever amount I added on 3 skeleton minis as they looked ok

A bit of a Teeth of The Hydra feel about them.


They are 3D printed and the sculpts are ok, just a few of the usual 3d print lines around the curve of the skull.  I was a bit unsure   which direction o take them with regards priming, so one has had black base and the other two grey, followed by a heavy zenithal white spray from above.


Black front, grey rear.



I was a bit unsure that the grey was altogether too pale and didn't give sufficient contrast for when the speed paints came out.  Only time will tell.

I've not painted a skeleton for what must be 40 years, and that was Citadels painted in Humbrol enamels - proper old school.  The style of painting has come a long way since those days and I would hope my own brush skills along with it (despite several long lay off periods) so I am hoping that these will prove a much better job.


So a quick splash of The Army Painters Pallid Bone Speed Paint and they are looking more Ray Harryhausen by the brush stroke.




Some dry brush highlights using a mix of pure white (GreenStuff), Pallid Bone (TAP SP) and Filthy Cloak (TAP)  and I think they are ready for clothes, armour and details like that.























NEWS JUST IN.......
Hoarder still has his skeletons from 40 yeas ago.
My how painting has come along, how MY painting has come along!






No comments:

Post a Comment