Saturday 9 September 2017

Afghan/North African Compound - Part 2

Somewhere I promised a comparison shot of my scratch built compound and the 3D printed building I've been given.  So here it is...



I think they scale reasonably well tbh, yes the door and windows are bigger on the 3D print, but the level of the protruding beams is roughly the same so I think we can get away with it.

Having given the 3D stuff a coat or two of paint the scratch built effort looked extremely stark in it's pure brilliant white, so it also got a quick slap of cheap house paint to make it blend with the rest of the evolving village.



Short and sweet post this time I know, but hopefully the next part will see a bit more colour depth added and the courtyard given a bit more attention.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Cheers Ray. Think it just needs something extra really. I'll be basing it up and detailing the woodwork before cluttering the courtyard with a leanto stable affair and perhaps a well or something.

      Delete