Tuesday, 24 May 2016

Some Progress At Last

Well it seems ages since I made any progress but I've finally found 5 minutes to pick up my brush, not that I actually did much by way of painting.  A second coat of matt to try and kill the shine, don't think I had mixed it enough the first time, hopefully.

Nearly done

A word of warning and a lesson learned, make sure you don't get varnish on your fingers and then handle another model with your finger on the decals. Where there used to be an 'F' there is now a couple of blobs of white!  Oh well I suppose it's a chance to use my white Uni Posca marker for the first time.

Ooops!
 

I even managed to spend a bit of time sticking some wings on to the dakota. Had to do some hacking to get them to fit even acceptably, never mind well. 


The tail looks a bit wonky from this angle, probably is then
Yeh, it's definitely skewiff
 
 There's going to have to be some serious filling going on before this is ready to be primed.













On the subject of priming I have to offer thanks to the folks over at TMP for their help choosing a descent primer spray at a sensible price.

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Paul, hoping to get the filler sorted tonight.
      Still not sure about the mattcote though, I think they still have a bit of a sheen. Probably time to buy a new matt varnish spray.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Cheers Ray, I'll see if I can not leave it quite so long for the next instalment.

      Delete
  3. very good post , Thanks you for this post ..
    goldenslot
    gclub casino

    ReplyDelete